Hyssop Glossop Fire Video, Hyssop restaurant launches crowdfund after fire Hyssop restaurant located in Glossop, Derbyshire has launched a campaign to raise money after their website had been “completely devastated” by a fire.The fire started with tumble dryers on the night of the 14th September. In the Instagram account of, the restaurant, which was founded in the kitchen of chef Paul Sykes and his partner Jess Hine, said: “Yesterday was quite easily the worst day of our lives. Our whole top floor of the restaurant went up in flames and we’ve lost the lot.
Thankfully Paul and all of the staff managed to escape unharmed. No lives were lost and that is the most important thing.” The restaurant is included within the Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland 2022 that states: “Classic flavour combinations have subtle international overtones, and the vegetable dishes show creativity.”
In an effort to continue operating in the meantime that the restaurant is being renovated, Hyssop has launched a crowdfunding campaign. The Crowdfunder page is as follows: “As we wait to start the reconstruction of our business entirely by hand, we must come up with ways to ensure that the business’ finances are in good shape to pay for the expenses and employees over the next few months.
“Just like many other companies operate in the present economic environment, Hyssop survives week by week. Any loss in earnings could be catastrophic for the future of our company. “We are trying to raise some funds to enable us to make part of our space functionable in order to trade in some way, shape or form, in order to keep things ticking.”